Monday, August 22, 2011

Mama Monday - Back to School

Mrs. Raccoon smiled. "Now,"
she told Chester,
"whenever you feel lonely
and need a little loving
from home,
just press your hand
to your cheek and think,
'Mommy loves you.
Mommy loves you.'
And that very kiss will jump
to your face and fill you with
toasty warm thoughts."
-From The Kissing Hand, by Audrey Penn
This morning the little prince started his 2nd week of kindergarten! He is such a big boy now! He did great every day last week, although this morning there were a few tears (I think lots of us want to cry on Monday mornings though, right?!).
Here's a picture of him on his first day of school.
Precious, huh?
My dear husband (let's call him "DH" from now on, mkay?) also started his 2nd week of school. He's teaching middle school World History and coaching football. He wouldn't let me get a pic of him on his 1st day. Men! Anyway, last Thursday, the football team had a jamboree game (a pre-season game for all you non-sporty folks) and they WON! They'll have their 1st regular season game this Thursday. I'm so proud.
I know both of my boys are going to have a great year!


****Disclaimer: You may have noticed that I didn't blog ALL SUMMER! I do apologize for being MIA but I was busy spending time with my sweet family. Now, I hope to be back to regular scheduled blogging ;)****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment